AARP Supports Quick-Action Community Development Projects.
AARP, through the AARP Community Challenge Grants program, supports quick-action community development projects that work to make communities more livable for people of all ages. The AARP Community Challenge grants can be used to support the following types of projects in the community.
Proposed project types described below will be prioritized over those that support ongoing programming or events:
- Programs that encourage communities to develop and implement innovative programs that engage residents in accessing, understanding, and using data to increase quality of life for all.
- Programs that deliver a range of transportation and mobility options in the community through permanent or temporary solutions to increase connectivity, walkability, bike ability, and/or access to public and private transit.
- Create vibrant public places in the community through permanent or temporary solutions that improve open spaces, parks and access to other amenities.
- Support the availability of a range of housing in the community through permanent or temporary solutions that increase accessible and affordable housing options.
- Other community improvements. Programs that address the most important needs in the community and quick-action ideas to address them