Albertsons Companies and Vons Foundations funds organizations that strengthen the neighborhoods served by the company.
Health and Human Services
The Foundation sponsor organizations that are engaged in medical research. They contribute to financing medical research programs that improve lives, particularly those who traditionally have little or no access to care.
The Foundation focuses, among other health-related causes, on Cancer Research and organizations that:
- Increase the number of patients enrolled in cancer trials
- Increase the number of patients who gained access to cancer preventative testing
- Increase the number of patients given access to alternative medicine for cancer
- Food banks and hunger-relief programs.
Youth and Education
- Funding is available specifically for K-12 education in schools and in out-of-school organizations that increase test scores, classroom performance and/or attendance.
Funding is available for organizations to:
- Support Veterans as they gain access to civilian employment
- Provide access to health care and support groups for our Veterans and their families
- Support the families of fallen heroes
Supporting Diversity and Inclusion of All Abilities
The Foundation funds organizations that:
- Provide access for children to ability-specific camps
- Help individuals receive specialty services
- Give people employment training and help to gain employment
- Provide people with care and treatment