BBVA Compass Foundation Seeks Applications for Small Grants Program.
The BBVA Compass Foundation is seeking proposals from community-based, nonprofit organizations for their Small Grants Program. BBVA giving priorities include:
1. Community Development: Create and preserve affordable housing, Revitalize the physical infrastructure of LMI neighborhoods, Financial education and financial capability aimed at adults and small business owners.
2. Education: Addressing nee pressing needs in Pre-K-12 education through public school-sponsor acclimated curriculum-based programs. Advanced Pre-K-12 student performance through professional development, support, and retention of teachers. Facilitate merit-based access to higher education for underrepresented groups. Support research and special programs in higher education institutions.
3. Diversity and Inclusion: Provide capacity building to an organization serving minority segments, especially targeted at low-income populations. Provide for leadership development of underrepresented groups through organizations serving minority segments especially targeted at low-income populations. Promote tolerance and understanding among mainstream and minority populations.
4. Arts and Culture: Facilitate access to and participation in cultural experience for LMI and minority populations. Promote the integration of the arts into comprehensive community development efforts. Ensure the availability of a broad array of artistic opportunities/venues that reflect the diversity of the community.
5. Environmental and Natural Resources: Enable and sustain access to green technology and sustainable sources of energy to LMI communities. Provide support for projects with a significant impact on the protection of the environment and sustainable practices. Promote public education about the environment and sustainability.
6. Health and Human Services: Enable and sustain independence for individuals and families. Ensure access to health education programs. Ensure access to quality health care.