The Desert Tortoise Council is accepting applications to the Regular Grants program.
This program funds activities and research that benefit desert tortoises and/or their habitats, provide information or service to the public, or address other appropriate conservation issues.
Priority consideration for funding will be given to:
- Projects that are in response to a specific emergency situation that may result in tortoise mortality and/or loss of habitat.
- Projects that have the potential to address far‐reaching issues.
- Projects that address a current management issue that is important for recovery and is not being addressed by public agencies or other entities.
- Projects that can be implemented quickly and provide demonstrable results.
- Projects for which Council funding would leverage other funding sources.