GFO-22-607- Light-Duty Vehicle and Multi-Use Hydrogen Refueling Infrastructure
This is a competitive grant solicitation. The California Energy Commission’s (CEC’s) Clean Transportation Program announces the availability of up to $27 million in grant funds for projects that will provide publicly available hydrogen refueling stations to enable continued growth of the California fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV) market. Solicitation objectives are to:
· Provide funding to support additional hydrogen refueling stations to achieve the goal of 200 stations by 2025 per Executive Order B-48-18. Prior to the release of this solicitation, the CEC counts 176 stations already funded.
· Bring hydrogen fueling to areas of California currently without a hydrogen refueling station.
· Support fuel cell deployment in multiple vehicle market segments in addition to personal passenger FCEVs, including fuel cell electric trucks (FCETs) for goods movement and fuel cell electric buses (FCEBs) for public transportation.
· Foster an excellent customer experience at each station.
· Encourage increased transparency and use of renewable hydrogen from direct sources.