The Kurt Weill Foundation Supports Performances of Works by Composers Kurt Weill and Marc Blitzstein.
The Kurt Weill Foundation for Music offers support for performances of musical works by composers Kurt Weill and/or Marc Blitzstein. The Foundation awards grants to individuals and nonprofit organizations for performances of musical works by Weill and Blitzstein; for scholarly research pertaining to Weill, Lenya, Marc Blitzstein; and for relevant educational initiatives.
To be eligible, applicants should consider the following criteria:
- The quality of the project and potential for excellence;
- Evidence of the applicant’s prior record of achievement, commitment, and ability to carry out the project successfully;
- The potential reach of the project;
- The potential impact of a stage or concert presentation of a work by Kurt Weill or Marc Blitzstein to advance the understanding and appreciation of their works in the performing arts field;
- Capacity to complete the project; and
- The relevance of the project to the furtherance of The Kurt Weill Foundation’s goals and current priorities.