William H. and Mattie Wattis Harris Foundation
The William H. and Mattie Wattis Harris Foundation makes grants to organizations in the western United States, including the Rocky Mountains and intermountain regions.
The foundation is interested in the following program areas:
1. Animal Welfare: sanctuaries, no-kill animal shelters, rescue, adoption and population control.
2. The Arts: children’s theater, documentaries, videos, and Community outreach.
3. Conservation: animal field research, protection of natural resources including conservation education programs, documentaries, videos, and community outreach.
4. Educational Camps: environmental, health and special needs camps.
5. Preventative Health: animals for the physically challenged, children’s health, global populations, women’s health.