211 MEDI-CAL HEALTH NAVIGATOR (TEMPORARY)
Inland SoCal United Way is a leading nonprofit organization devoted to strengthening the Inland Empire by investing in the lives and futures of those in need. By operating several direct service programs and collaborating with a network of strong community partners, ISCUW seeks to build brighter futures for youth and families in the areas of education, health, and financial stability. ISCUW seeks talented, motivated team members who are passionate about improving our community and who are looking to be part of a dynamic team working to make EPIC changes in the Inland Empire.
The Medi-Cal Health Navigator, following training, will be located at the 211 Call Center enrolling the San Bernardino County community into Medi-Cal using C4Yourself. This is a grant-funded position through June 2021 and carries with it the possibility that it may not be renewed if further funding is not obtained. No contract is implied; this position is “at-will” and employment may be terminated at any time by the employee or the employer. The availability of grant funds does not guarantee continued employment. This full-time, non-exempt, temporary position reports to the 211 Assistant Director.
Primary Functions 80%
- Motivate the San Bernardino County Community to enroll in Medi-Cal
- Enter enrollment into the C4Yourself web portal
- Follow-up on applicants to ensure successful enrollment into Medi-Cal
- Receive calls from 211, partner organizations and Community Health Workers/Promoters
- Outbound calls for Medi-Cal redetermination
• Assess additional needs prepare referrals to appropriate resources
• Maintain log of activities as directed
• Perform 211 call answering and perform Medi-Cal and CalFresh enrollments as needed
Secondary Functions 20%
- General clerical duties, which may include letter writing, faxing, copying, message handling, reports, office inventory, filing, data input and maintenance of marketing materials
- Maintain records of community interests and requests, aid in research and data input, participate in outreach events and assist with grant maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- A.A. degree preferred but not required
- Call center/customer service preferred
- Ability to inspire excellence and champion change through versatile coaching and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred
- Strong computer skills and competence in Microsoft Office environment
- In the event of a disaster, may be required to work 12-hour shifts, 7 days per week
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to operate a variety of equipment such as a computer, telephone, headset, copy machine and fax machine. Sedentary work requires sitting for long periods of time but may require the ability to walk, stand, stoop and squat for various periods. Visual acuity and manual dexterity required for typing and computer use. Must be able to lift/move objects up to 25 lbs.