Accounting Clerk FT Temporary
Inland Southern California United Way is a leading nonprofit organization devoted to strengthening the Inland Empire by investing in the lives and futures of those in need. By operating several direct service programs and collaborating with a network of strong community partners, ISCUW seeks to build brighter futures for youth and families in the areas of education, health, and financial stability. ISCUW seeks talented, motivated team members who are passionate about improving our community
Under supervision, the Accounting Clerk performs a variety of accounting duties related to the maintenance and review of accounting, financial, and statistical records and performs other related duties as required. Typical duties include basic and routine accounting or fiscal duties and provide support services in the maintenance and processing of financial and statistical records which are part of a more complex recordkeeping system. This full-time, non-exempt, temporary position reports to the reports to the Director of Accounting and Finance.
Essential Duties – 90%
- Posts and processes journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Updates accounts receivable and issues invoices
- Updates accounts payable and performs reconciliations
- Assists in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assists with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Updates financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepares and submits weekly/monthly reports as assigned
- Assists senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assists with other accounting projects
- Other duties as assigned
Secondary Duties – 10%
- Assist with annual audit
- General filing
- Assist with the maintenance of and monitoring of ISCUW in-house contract files
- One year in an equivalent accounting clerk position or two years in the review, reconciliation, and preparation of financial accounts
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Windows, Microsoft Office and familiarity with internet protocols
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to operate a variety of equipment such as a computer, telephone, copy machine, scanner and fax machine. Sedentary work requires sitting for long periods of time but may require the ability to walk, stand, stoop and squat for various periods. Visual acuity and manual dexterity required for typing and computer use. Must be able to lift/move objects up to 25 lbs.