Academy for Grassroots Organizations™ is a nonprofit management support organization, providing a variety of programs to strengthen communities by strengthening the organizations and leaders meeting their needs. Our core activities include the following: Providing effective, low-cost training in a variety of nonprofit management and fundraising topics to assist charitable social service organizations in achieving the highest levels of effectiveness, sustainability, and impact.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office proficiency: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Monday-Friday, 20-25 hours per week
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
As an Administrative Assistant at Academy for Grassroots Organizations (AcademyGO). you will grow your skills, knowledge, and learn best practices from an innovative and creative nonprofit resource organization.
To be successful in this position you will need to be open to learning, disciplined and systems-driven, detail-oriented, comfortable working independently and have a genuine interest in helping team members with a positive and pro-active attitude.
Reports to Community Outreach Director
Full Job Description
We are looking for a reliable and competent Administrative Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Schedule and promote via social media and internal databases all events
- Maintain trusting relationships with members, suppliers, and colleagues
- Able to work as a team
- Must be able to able to maintain clear communication via telephone, email, or fax/web-fax.
- Must be able to converse for long periods of time and exchange accurate information.
- Find, update and maintain the www.ieNonprofits.com web site
- Proven experience as a back-office assistant, office assistant, or in another relevant administrative role
- Knowledge of “back-office” computer systems
- Working knowledge of databases
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative