Bookkeeper / Accountant (Part-Time)
United Way of the Inland Valleys' mission is to Unite people, ideas, and resources with the community to improve lives.
Since 1931, United Way of the Inland Valleys continues its fight for the education, financial stability, and housing of every person in our community.
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, provide support services in the maintenance and processing of financial and statistical records which are part of a more complex record keeping system. This includes performing a variety of accounting or fiscal duties requiring research and interpretation of established guidelines which includes recording and maintaining accounting, numeric or statistical records, reconciling and examining various source documents, and routine problem resolution requiring the application of standard operating procedure.
1. Classifies, records, and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers which include accounts receivables, deposits, coding and account coding and accounts payable processing functions.
2. Prepares accounting reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
3. Monitors, reviews and verifies accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation.
4. Ensures compliance with internal policies, agency rules and regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles with supervision.
5. Clarifies or researches issues as necessary.
6. Provides input for the development of accounting applications, reports, forms, records and documented procedures.
7. Endorse the purposes and programs of United Way and answer questions when appropriate.
8. Demonstrate a positive attitude and initiative as an enthusiastic team member.