Case Manager (Family Resource Centers)
Established in 2003, Building A Generation’s FRCs’ have been providing nurturing environments for kids and their families to foster healthy relationships for them to thrive and end child abuse and/or neglect through parent education, financial assistance, mental health support, career services, and connections to community resources enabling families to become healthy and self-sufficient.
The Case Manager will maintain case ownership responsibility for coordinating services and supports identified for each client to include health, wellness and/or safety. This individual shall manage the service care plan, as required, and continuously monitor and assess the client’s condition and dynamics to make necessary assessment and coordinate supports. Case Manager will also assist in the monitoring and evaluation of programs while developing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with other community resources and partners. Case Managers report directly to the Executive Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mange a caseload of up to but not limited to 35 clients
- Client identification, engagement, needs assessment, and providing interventions are required
- Advocating for and achieving the best outcomes for clients
- Developing, coordinating, and monitoring a service care plan
- Recording client’s progress
- Evaluating client care plan effectiveness by making adjustments as needed to improve outcomes
- Follow up with discharged clients to ensure they were satisfied with services and are still working towards their goals
- Work one-on-one and in groups for afterschool enrichment programs for children
- Work with schools, parents, teachers, and children to ensure students receive the extra academic and social emotional support
- Coordinate various programs and services offered at the Family Resource Centers
- Assist with networking and increasing knowledge of the organization to the community.
- Assist with evaluating program and services of Family Resource Centers
- Ensure organization program protocols and procedures are properly implemented on a consistent basis and according to organizational standards
- Provide crisis intervention to clients when necessary
- Maintain a working knowledge of the scope and objectives of program activities & goals
- Develop and nurture relationships with program site personnel, families, referral agencies, and integral community members
- Maintain timely documentation of services and meet deadlines
- Participate in program sustainability activities including organization community presentations and fundraisers
- Participate in organization-wide growth and staff development activities, such as trainings, community collaborations, and community events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working directly with clients providing case management activities. Experience in a community setting with mental health, family advocacy, youth services, and non-profit experience a plus.
- Working with youth & families; especially those at-risk
- Experience, knowledge, and/or education facilitating goal plans with clients
- Ability to become well informed of community resources, collaboratives, and networks
- Experience and/or education working with families; knowledge of social work and strength-based model a plus
- Demonstrated ability to organize and track data for program outcomes
- Strong professional and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write quality organization reports and other technical documents in a timely manner
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Relate effectively with racially and ethnically diverse staff and community
- Network & collaborate with a wide variety of community groups and organizations
- Work independently, with self-initiative and personal integrity
- Problem solve and implement solutions
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy, or closely related field required.
Automobile and valid CA driver’s license. Auto insurance coverage (liability) according to organization requirements.
Hourly rate: $17-$21/hr. – Position is full time, M-F 8:00-4:30pm with willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends. Employer offers benefits package (medical/dental coverage, vision, life insurance, 403(b), paid vacation/sick, holiday). Building A Generation is an equal opportunity employer.
Building A Generation services parents and children by providing personalized education, support, and connections enabling them to be self-sufficient families. It is the vision of Building A Generation to be an established gateway to resources and services that empower parents and children to be productive members of their communities.