Family Service Association has been a leader among non-profits serving families in need since 1953. Over the years, FSA has responded to the changing dynamics of families.
Our mission is “Building community one family at a time, through compassion, advocacy and comprehensive model services, fostering self-sufficiency and sustainable impacts.”
Specific duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct written, in-home and phone assessment of Senior Clients program requirements as assigned by Food Service Director. Requirement is (4) times a year for each home delivery client.
- Knowledgeable of funding source (County) and Federal Title III Elderly Nutrition Program requirements
- Assist office personnel in the input of client data into Agency ETO system.
- Retain all records and reports required by program and funding source to be maintained by the Agency in an organized and secured location, following HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) policies/procedures for client confidentiality
- Report all suspicions of elder abuse or neglect immediately to your supervisor.
- Assist in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process as needed to improve department and Agency success.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Punctual and Regular Attendance.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One (1) year experience in a social service agency preferred
- Background Fingerprint Clearance (Live SCAN)
- Drug Test Clearance
- Availability to work on weekends as need
- The ability to read and write English and to communicate at the level required for successful job performance.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid and Current CA Driver License and Proof of Automobile Insurance
The following must be obtained within 90 days of hire and maintained as a condition of employment:
- First Aid and CPR
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. at least a distance of (10) feet safely
- Work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with a diverse client population and Agency workforce in a professional and respectful manner
Case work will be providing quarterly assessment of the County Home Delivered meals program clients on a quarterly basis. Two (2) assessments will be done in the home and two (2) over the phone. This work entails about 90 % of your time driving to client homes and about 10% of your time completing reports on the clients Average Daily Living (ADL) in the Agency ETO system.