Client Service & Business Operations Associate
Praxsys Leadership (www.praxsysleadership.com) is a leadership coaching and organizational development consulting firm committed to a vital mission:
To create an equitable world where people can exercise their inherent human capacity for leadership, acting together with dignity, belonging, and purpose.
Founded in 2005, our team currently comprises a total of ten professional coaches, consultants, and support staff whose experience and clients span sectors and industries, including corporations, major nonprofits, philanthropic grantmakers, and collaborative networks. Our core services include executive coaching, team coaching, leadership programs, strategic planning, program evaluation, and innovative experiential programs.
We pride ourselves on connecting deeply to align people’s innate talent, passion, and purpose — with both our clients and our own team. We are distinguished from other coaching and organization development firms through our combination of whole-person leadership development, evidence-based methods, and systemic orientation to team and organizational dynamics. Our vision is to create a movement of leaders bringing essential leadership to fruition in the world.
We prioritize equity, inclusion, and justice in everything we do, and particularly encourage people from historically marginalized groups to apply. As human development practitioners and coaches, we actively support all our employees in their own personal and professional development.
Summary of Position
NOTE: SEE BELOW FOR SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY. E-MAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
We are seeking a motivated, proactive, resourceful individual to play the crucial role of providing operational and logistical support around client service, project management, and internal business processes.
We work with various types of organizations, but much of our work is in the social impact sector with nonprofit organizations and philanthropic grantmakers. This role will be deeply involved with current projects such as:
- Backbone coordination and network weaving for a regional alliance of philanthropic grantmakers supporting their collaborative grantmaking initiatives, internal capacity building, and member services.
- Team coaching with the operations group of a national environmental advocacy organization navigating organizational change and issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Potential strategic planning, leadership team development, and executive coaching engagements with continuing clients such as a statewide legal aid agency and a large K-12 school district.
- …as well as our clients in a broad range of industries including construction, technology, architecture, and many others.
The following are the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical business experience required.
- Relevant experience in business or executive administration (especially in consulting or other professional services contexts), learning and development, and/or project management.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing processes for business operations, project management, and/or event logistics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Able to set goals, objectives, and tasks, and manage them on a consistent basis.
- Excellent writing skills. Able to receive, analyze, and synthesize information to communicate key points and present in a coherent, concise manner.
- Proactive problem-solver. Critical thinking skills to navigate ambiguity, anticipate contingencies, and generate greater clarity, alignment, and action to move processes forward.
- Growth orientation. Willing to take initiative, ask questions, receive feedback, and actively engage in personal and professional development.
- Conscientious and consistent. Accountable, consistent, and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong technology skills. Ability to efficiently use and quickly learn new applications, including integrating their capabilities to address business goals and operational needs.
- Experience using Zoom, Slack, Google Workspace, and other applications.
- Advanced use of Google Workspace (especially Docs and Sheets) and MS Office, (especially Word and PowerPoint). Must be able to use advanced formatting to ensure clear, consistent, high-quality visual design consistent with our brand.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Must demonstrate respectful, client-centered listening skills, and capacity for clear oral and written communication with diverse audiences.
- Able to drive to occasional meetings at client sites as requested and deemed safe by public health authorities. Most internal team meetings are via videoconference, but we may hold occasional team meetings at our offices in Claremont as conditions permit.
- This position spends approximately 95% of working time on computer and phone.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk or be mobile, and carry up to 25 pounds in the course of their normal duties.
- Must have hand/wrist coordination and good vision for computer work (with or without the aid of eyeglasses, contact lenses, or other adaptive technology).
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally in English with co-workers, customers, vendors, etc. Ability to speak other languages (e.g. Spanish) is a plus but not required.
- This is a remote (telecommuting) position with occasional in-person meetings and an anticipated workload of around 20-25 hours per week.
- Must have own cell phone and computer with videoconferencing capability, and Microsoft Office. The Company will provide e-mail, Google, Dropbox, Slack, and other essential software accounts.
- Must have own car and ability to drive to meetings in the LA metropolitan area and Inland Empire. Occasional business travel outside the region may be required.
This position will be paid an hourly wage of $20-25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Hours are variable, but will typically be around 25 hours/week. Since hours vary based on project workflows, the candidate must know they are not guaranteed.
Go to https://bit.ly/praxsysjobs — you will be required to submit:
- Your resume
- A cover letter stating how this position aligns with your own passions and talents
- A brief sample of your professional writing (e.g. proposal, report, letter, etc.; 1-2 pages are sufficient).
- Optionally, examples of other professional work product that demonstrate capabilities relevant to this position.
Job Duties – Essential Functions
The duties of the position are as described below.
- Provide direct service to clients, including research, process coordination, and preparation of work products.
- Develop drafts of client reports, training materials, sales proposals, and other written documents.
- Attend client meetings, team coaching sessions, and training programs to capture process and outputs in clear, concise, action-oriented notes and commitment logs.
- Prepare documents for distribution, including drafting, proofreading, copyediting, formatting, and visual design.
- Conduct interviews, focus groups, training sessions, or other direct services to clients (based on project requirements and the incumbent’s capabilities).
- Manage planning, promotion, and logistics of programs (online and in person), including scheduling, meeting administration, and distribution of materials.
- Support client meeting design and workflow management, including tracking action commitments and follow-up, transferring agenda items to future meetings, and management of key outputs.
- Support communication with clients’ constituents and stakeholders.
- Create, implement, and manage systems for project management and administration of client engagements to keep the consulting team organized and clients on track in order to deliver high-quality services consistently, on time, on budget, and within the contracted scope.
- Maintain project plans, including development and implementation of timelines and work plans.
- Track status of team members’ and clients’ task commitments, and provide reminders as needed.
- Monitor project workflows, milestones, and deadlines to keep project teams aware and ensure timely scheduling of preparatory work for key meetings and deliverables.
- Track completion of contract scopes of work to keep team on track for project deliverables.
- Manage project data, e.g. participant contact info, shared calendars, e-mail groups, organization of shared files.
- Coordinate logistics for events and program offerings, including registration management, communications with participants, and data tracking.
- Coordinate client scheduling and meeting logistics for individual and group events.
- Schedule and follow up to ensure client response and attendance.
- Assist in planning, preparation, and distribution of meeting materials.
- Provide thorough follow-up after meetings, including tracking, summarizing, and sharing meeting outputs, decisions, and action steps.
- For videoconference or other remote meetings, coordinate pre-meeting scheduling and configuration, as well as in-meeting host functions and use of interactive applications.
- For in-person meetings, assist in setup of the room, audio-visual equipment, and materials. Capture notes and outputs in clear, concise, actionable forms.
- Support core business operations, including internal team coordination and administration.
- Serve as logistical point of contact in interfacing with external vendors or contractors.
- Coordinate development of team meeting agendas, and manage tracking of action steps and accountability.
- Create systems, document procedures, and make suggestions for ways to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness.
This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.