Direct Support Professional (DSP) Group Supervisor
The Arc of Riverside County is a 501(c)(3) and has been in operation for over 65 years. We are a state funded social service agency providing advocacy and day programs for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). It is essential that our employees support our mission and advocacy efforts to improve the quality of life for all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are seeking Direct Support Professional’s for our Moreno Valley program. The DSP will be responsible for the supervision and care of program participants.
If you want to work for an employer with strong values and make a difference for an underserved population, we welcome your application.
- Provides instruction and job training to participants working on contracts.
- Maintains daily records of attendance, and program goals.
- Ensures good housekeeping and safety standards.
- Provides input to Case Managers for development of consumer programs.
- Implements Consumer Goal Plans developed by Case Managers.
- Intervenes in crisis situations with the aid of appropriate persons.
- Attends department in-service trainings and meetings.
- Ability to read and write standard English.
- Ability to perform simple math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through both verbal and written forms with a variety of people, such as consumers, supervisors, care providers, referral agencies, customers, parents, and the individuals we serve.
- Must be able to complete first aid and CPR.
- Criminal background check and clearance required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and DMV clearance.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, full time M-F, 7:30am-3:30pm.