Direct Support Professional (DSP) M-F schedule
Since 1953, The Arc has been and continues to be committed to securing for all individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities (I/DD), in partnership with their families, legal guardians or conservators the opportunity to choose and realize their goals of where and how they learn, live, work and play.
The Arc is further committed to reducing the incidence and limiting the consequence of intellectual and other developmental disabilities though education, research, advocacy and support of families, friends and the community.
Over the years, The Arc has significantly increased the quality of life for the individuals we serve.
This position is directly responsible for the care, supervision and training of consumers assigned during community outings and onsite at Adult Day Programs.
Essential Job Duties
• Train consumers in all phases of activity center components.
• Develop curriculum, participate in activities and schedules for program in person and remotely.
• Provides assistance to consumers in dressing, grooming, and other personal hygiene as needed.
• Arranges and provides assistance with medical and dental care, as needed. Maintains day program rules for the protection of consumers.
• Supervises consumer schedules and activities.
• Provides maintenance or supervision of consumer cash resources or property.
• Monitors food intake or special diets of consumers.
• Provides basic services outlines in admission agreement.
• Organizes his/her program on a daily basis.
• Maintains a neat, clean, and orderly work area.
• Responsible for safety of consumers. Reports all incidents to the Program Manager or Case Manager or Lead.
• Supervises consumer’s breaks.
• Gives input for program improvement.
• Submits daily attendance reports.
• Provides input for consumers I.P.P.’s.
• Provides input to Program Manager/Case Manager regarding all-around programming results for each of his/her assigned consumers.
• Responsible for completion of all required paperwork flow.
• Attends and participates in department in-service training and meetings, as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Punctual and regular attendance.