Direct Support Professional (DSP)
The Arc of Riverside County is a 501(c)(3) and has been in operation for over 65 years. We are a state funded social service agency providing advocacy and day programs for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). It is essential that our employees support our mission and advocacy efforts to improve the quality of life for all people with I/DD.
JOB OVERVIEW: We are seeking Direct Support Professional’s for our Riverside programs. These programs focus on community integration. The DSP will be responsible for transportation, supervision and care of program participants in the community and the work activity center.
- Train consumers in all phases of activity center components.
- Develop curriculum, activities and schedules for program in person and remotely.
- Provides assistance to consumers in dressing, grooming, bathing and other personal hygiene as needed.
- Provides assistance to consumers with taking medication, as needed.
- Arranges and provides assistance with medical and dental care, as needed. Maintains day program rules for the protection of consumers.
- Supervises consumer schedules and activities.
- Provides maintenance or supervision of consumer cash resources or property.
- Monitors food intake or special diets of consumers.
- Provides basic services outlines in admission agreement.
- Organizes his/her program on a daily basis.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and orderly work area.
- Responsible for safety of consumers. Reports all incidents to the Program Manager or Case Manager.
- Supervises consumer’s breaks.
- Gives input for program improvement.
- Submits daily attendance reports.
- Provides input for consumers I.P.P.’s.
- Provides input to Program Manager/Case Manager regarding all-around programming results for each of his/her assigned consumers.
- Responsible for completion of all required paperwork flow.
- Attends and participates in department in-service training and meetings, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Punctual and regular attendance.