Director of Development and Communication
Inland Valley Council of Churches, dba Inland Valley Hope Partners, has been building hope for homeless and no or low income families in the Inland Valley since 1968. Through our food pantries, emergency housing programs and other supportive services, families and individuals in crisis find hope once again and are empowered to break the cycles of poverty and despair.
Inland Valley Hope Partners serves some 75,000 men, women and children in need each year. Our core programs include: Food Security Program, Our House Emergency Family Shelter Program, Rapid Re-Housing Program, Pomona Valley Certified Farmers’ Market, Hope Partners Garden at Amy’s Farm and the Gleaning Hope Program.
The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for all of the agency’s resource development, fund raising and communication activities, including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, special events, capital campaigns, gift in kind programs, grant writing, communications to donors and potential donors, and as such performs a variety of duties related to current and future sustainability of the Inland Valley Hope Partners, in close cooperation and collaboration with the President/CEO, the agency board and the development committee. This is an exempt, management position, which reports directly to the President/CEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Typical responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive fund raising plan to attract financial support, including major gifts, from individuals, faith communities, businesses/corporations and foundations to achieve the annual fundraising goal and to improve the funding position for the future.
- Work with the President/CEO and volunteers on the development and implementation of a capital campaign.
- Work with the President/CEO and volunteers on the development and implementation of a robust planned giving program.
- Develop and maintain an annual public relations/communications plan and materials including brochures, newsletter, annual report, website, public service announcements, and other public relations programs, including Social Media such as Face Book, Twitter, Instagram and Constant Contact.
- Research possible funding and in-kind resources and prepare funding requests.
- Establish relationships with all local newspapers, radio and television stations, and other public service networks to ensure publicity for the Inland Valley Hope Partners.
- Maintain positive relationships with donors and volunteers, and develop appropriate donor recognition programs.
- Maintain the Donor Perfect data base, including running reports, and developing and maintaining appropriate donor thank you letters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An ease and enthusiasm in building relationships with current and new supporters of the mission.
- A value system and personal style that is collaborative, ethical, persuasive, and credible.
- Excellent written/oral skills and public speaking ability required, as well as computer literacy in Word, Excel, Publisher, Donor Perfect, and social media
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
Experience and education comparable to a B.A./B.S. in public relations, marketing, communications or related field. Three years successful leadership experience in community relations, fundraising, special events, and/or marketing. Employment or volunteer experience with non-profit organization(s) helpful.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and professional writing sample to email@example.com.