Director of Development-Foundation
San Antonio Regional Hospital in Upland, California is a 363-bed, nonprofit, acute care hospital that combines excellent clinical care with exceptional compassion. Since 1907, San Antonio Regional Hospital has emerged as a premier regional medical facility with satellite locations across the rapidly expanding Inland Empire. The opening of its new Vineyard Tower represents the culmination of a major expansion project that added a new 52-bed emergency department and a 92-bed patient tower comprised of 80 private rooms and 12 critical care beds on its main hospital campus. The expansion has positioned San Antonio as a hospital of the future, offering state-of-the-art healthcare services in a healing environment that is focused on the patient and family. To learn more, visit sarh.org.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is preferred
Experience: Four to five years increasing experience in special events and annual giving
Knowledge and Skills: Ability to work well with volunteers, donors, prospects, community leaders, staff, and hospital administration
Equipment: Computer including WORD, EXCEL, Office Suite. Fund-raising software training preferred
Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the job.
Manage and implements the Foundation’s special fundraising events and to manage and coordinate all annual giving efforts including donor groups, annual appeals, direct mail, and capital campaign materials.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements San Antonio Hospital Foundation events including not not limited to Ambassador events, the San Antonio Classic Golf Tournament, Frances Mary Paul Dinner, Business Benefactors events, and other SAHF special events as needed. Oversees Medical Staff Fundraising events for Foundation.
- Works with the Foundation President to establish goals and maintain a budget for each special event including accountability for the financial success of each event.
- Maintains quality of special events while increasing net revenues. Frequently asks for sponsorships, event attendance, auction and raffle items and outright support.
- Manages year-end appeals and participates in the solicitation of annual gifts in the $1,000 to $10,000 range.
- Manages annual giving programs including new and renewed memberships.
- Works with volunteer development and coordination to accomplish fiscal goals through special events. Recruits and manages volunteers for each event.
- Supervises secretarial staff and Development assistants in Special Events and Annual Giving.
- Generates copy for Foundation pages in hospital magazine, Foundation newsletter, and all appeal letters, scripts, and thank you letters. Helps prepare foundation brochures and press releases.
- Grant solicitation for special programs and appeals; works with contract Grant Writer.
- Represents the Foundation in Community targeted events, and in the absence of the Foundation President, acts as department liaison to the Foundation Board and other areas of the hospital.