Founded in 1931, United Way of the Inland Valleys believes that our talent is among our greatest assets
necessary to build the powerful global, social movement to improve people's lives and advance
the common good for all. That is why United Way is committed to attracting, developing, retaining
and creating careers for diverse talent and leadership who will work interdependently toward
accomplishing our goals throughout the communities we serve.
To support and manage the President & CEO (CEO) along with the Chief Development Officer (CDO) in
their work to achieve the agency mission, keeping volunteers foremost in mind. This includes performing
a wide variety of administrative/secretarial support duties requiring independent judgment and action.
1. Manage schedules of the CEO and CDO and ensure/collect sufficient prep material for meetings
(35% of time); Schedule meetings with internal/external stakeholders, Compile and coordinate meeting materials, Prep meeting materials
2. Provide excellent customer service for volunteers, donors and partners (20% of time); CRM in Andar360, Be donor/volunteer centric; delight them, Build relationships with board volunteers and their admins
3. Lead board and committee administrative functions (20% of time); In-house expert on rules, bylaws and procedures, Take initiative on board development, Record and transcribe minutes, Compile and coordinate meeting materials, Prep meeting materials
4. Provide buffer for executives to eliminate wasted time (10% of time); Protect, look for errors, be another set of eyes and ears, Pay extra attention to the details, Cover for executive “blind spots”, Remind of follow-ups, Complete expense reports
5. Be the “go-to” person for internal/external stakeholders (10% of time); Loosely “office manager” type accountabilities
6. Endorse the purposes and programs of United Way and answer questions when appropriate.
7. Demonstrate a positive attitude and initiative as an enthusiastic team member.