Executive Director, Inland Empire & Coachella Valley Division
The Batten Group, a national executive search and consulting firm specializing in nonprofit, health and mission-based philanthropy, has been retained by the American Heart Association to identify candidate to serve as the Executive Director, Inland Empire.
The American Heart Association is the nation’s oldest and largest voluntary organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. Founded by six cardiologists in 1924, the organization now includes more than 22.5 million volunteers and supporters. We fund innovative research, fight for stronger public health policies, and provide critical tools and information to save and improve lives.
Leading the Inland Empire and Coachella Valley Division of the Western States Affiliate, the Executive Director is responsible for advancing the mission of the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association through exceptional volunteer leadership and staff engagement in achieving the Health Impact and Revenue goals.
Primary responsibilities include identifying, recruiting and engaging strong volunteer leadership; managing a high performing staff and collaborating with internal and external partners to inspire investment and shared ownership of the lifesaving work of the AHA. The annual revenue goal for the division is $1.53 million net to be achieved through balanced campaign growth including special events, corporate sponsorship and individual giving.
Leadership and Management
- Effectively recruit, engage and develop diverse leadership volunteers including Division Board of Directors, Executive Leadership Teams, partner organizations and funders.
- Build, coach and engage a high performing staff team that effectively represents the organization as one in achieving shared goals.
- Ensure effective and fully compliant operations including CRM systems, division finances and data management.
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of field operations, core programs, operations and strategic plans.
- Through exceptional volunteer leadership engagement and directly prospecting, securing and cultivating revenue generating opportunities, drives bold and balanced campaign growth including corporate sponsorship, individual giving and strategic business planning.
- As a player/coach, provide leadership, coaching and guidance for the planning, implementation and evaluation of fundraising campaigns including Heart Walk and Go Red For Women.
- A strong track record in fundraising or outside sales, preferably within a voluntary health organization.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building and leading high performing, diverse and inclusive teams.
- Proven experience with and commitment to recruiting and engaging volunteer leadership for sustained involvement.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Unwavering professionalism and commitment to excellence.