Family Promise of Riverside – Executive Director Position
Family Promise of Riverside is hiring its first Executive Director!
Family Promise of Riverside, an Affiliate of the national Family Promise program, is dedicated to helping homeless and low-income families in the Riverside area achieve sustainable independence through a community-based response. We provide housing, meals, case management, and community for children and their families experiencing homelessness.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, non-profit leader. The Executive Director will work closely with our diverse local board of directors to fully open and grow Family Promise of Riverside - a local Affiliate of the highly successful National Family Promise program that helps families experiencing homelessness. The Board seeks an experienced nonprofit administrator with a minimum Bachelor’s Degree and strong management, networking, grant writing, fundraising, and problem-solving skills, and a deep passion for helping families experiencing homelessness.
Sounds like your dream job? Know someone who should consider this position?
Executive Director Job Objective:
Oversee all aspects of Family Promise of Riverside to ensure a high-performing organization that has the necessary resources to deliver on its mission. This position will maintain positive relations with partner entities, stakeholders, investors/ donors, and media outlets. Simultaneously, the Executive Director will ensure the operational effectiveness of the organization and provide inspiration, leadership, and vision to staff, board members, and volunteers.
- Supervise Case Management team or provide case management: set and ensure Affiliate meets organizational outcomes, programs have resources to deliver on its missions, families are cared for, handle any family crisis swiftly and compassionately.
- Create and implement programs to enhance services provided to clients.
- Supervise case managers and provide additional support to families.
- Create partnerships in the community that will facilitate positive outcomes for FP case management (landlords, employers, nonprofit partnerships, etc.)
- Supervise interns as needed.
Financial and Fundraising:
- In collaboration with the Fund Development Committee, ensure that expenses are satisfied, and financial objectives are obtained.
- Pursue appropriate funding opportunities: grants, individual/congregation donations, corporate giving and special events.
- Ensure procedures are documented and adhered to for all processes.
- Be on-call for emergencies during off-hours as scheduled. Oversee on-call scheduling of staff.
- Maintain records on operations, guests’ outcomes and programmatic outcomes. Provide reports for the Board of Directors and funding sources. Provide annual statistics and other information to National Family Promise.
- Increase positive awareness for Family Promise of Riverside.
- Ensure that brochures and newsletters are professional and accurate.
- Maintain web and social media presence.
- Represent Family Promise of Riverside to the media, government, corporations, and other nonprofit partners.
- Build relationships with and regularly communicate with supporting agencies. Actively participate in providers’ groups and other forums. Meet with community organizations to inform them of Family Promise of Riverside.
- Maintain positive congregation relations.
- Lead recruitment of new congregations.
- Ensure volunteers are trained, effective, and satisfied in their experience (background checks, training, appreciation, scheduling, engagement).
- Ensure Family Promise of Riverside updates are communicated to the congregations and feedback is solicited from the congregational network.
- Handle any issues/emergencies swiftly and compassionately (a congregation exiting the network, a volunteer challenge, a legal/insurance issue, etc.)
- Board relations: Engaging with various committees to execute organizational goals, engaging individual members to utilize skill/expertise for the betterment of the organization, recruitment of new members.
- Provide network reports for meetings and facilitate strategic discussion of the organization’s future.
- Work with the Board President to set meeting agendas. Work with board committees as necessary to follow-up on identified action items.
- Work with the Finance Committee to execute an annual audit.
- Lead a high-performing organization: volunteer, board, and staff management.
- Hire and supervise staff and volunteers as organization resources allow in consultation with appropriate Board of Director members.
- Conduct staff reviews and provide supervision and feedback as necessary to have a high-performing team.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors of Family Promise of Riverside.
Salary and working hours: The range for this position is $65,000-$75,000 with healthcare stipend/PTO benefits. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. The typical week is 40 hours and the Executive Director must be available to work nights, some weekends, and be on call.
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience.
- Experience in social work, nonprofit management, counseling/coaching, public administration, fundraising, grant-writing experience, and/or related fields.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly public speaking ability.
- 5+ years of experience working in the non-profit field.
- Leadership and supervision experience.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with community partners, volunteers, corporations, and boards.
- Demonstrated success in fund development and financial management.
- Knowledge of homeless service provision models and programming, local, state and federal housing authorities, social service agencies and general assistance programs.
- The ability to think creatively and entrepreneurially – we are constantly looking for ways to better our service provision.
- Maturity, compassion and empathy for our guests and an ability to relate to individuals from many different racial, ethnic, religious and class backgrounds.
- Knowledge of basic computer software and electronic communication tools.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.