House of Ruth has been providing life-saving domestic violence services for residents of eastern Los Angeles and western San Bernardino counties since 1977. Participation in House of Ruth programming is open to all battered women, men, and their children. All of House of Ruth’s programs are free of charge. There is no discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, age, language, disability, religion, national origin, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
HOUSE OF RUTH JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Finance Director
Salary Status: Exempt
FUNCTION: The Director of Finance is responsible for the financial health of the organization. By combining strategic and operational goals, the Director of Finance manages the accounting and economic aspects of the company by enforcing a financial strategy aimed toward profitable long-term growth. Additional duties include overseeing the finance department, conducting financial assessments, generating reports, establishing company budgets, managing the annual audit, maintaining the financial accounting system, and conducting risk assessments on business initiatives.
EXPERIENCE: Nonprofit Financial Management experience and Government Grant/Compliance experience required. Desirable experience in the selection and implementation of an accounting system.
- Manage the financial resources of the agency including accounting, finance, organization-wide budgets, and treasury in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and organization/contract policies and procedures; safeguard assets through the maintenance of proper control, and coordinate accurate and timely agency financial reporting to the Board Finance Committee and Executive Board.
- Maintain updated accounting policies and procedures
- Manage budget preparation, including government contract budgets, grant budgets, program budgets and overall agency budget with analysis and monitoring
- Oversee and analyze monthly and annual financial statements
- Develop a cost allocation plan for expending government grants
- Oversee reimbursement billings for government contracts.
- Oversee annual audit including analysis of indirect cost percentages to ensure compliance with regulations
- Oversee Government Grant RFP’s and RFA’s, including contract cycles and deadlines for renewal/application.
- Oversee Government grant compliance
- Oversee the development of SOW (scope of work) based on grant contract compliance requirements.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure agency has sufficient general liability, worker’s comp, D & O insurance coverage and health insurance plans for the agency and its employees.
- Oversee agency bank/investment accounts to ensure proper financial cash control and authorized users.
- Oversee agency pension plan for 403b.
- Work closely with senior management and IT Consultant to ensure agency systems/equipment are updated and cost effective.
- Facilitate a monthly financial review with multi-departmental team to monitor YTD results.
- Oversee the financial management system, including the development of appropriate reports for the Board, internal stakeholders, and others.
- Staff Accountant – with direction and supervision, responsible for the agency accounting functions, payroll, and audit preparation.
- Grants and Compliance Manager – with direction and supervision, responsible for government grant writing, fiscal and programmatic compliance, management and reporting.
House of Ruth, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer