Food Service Aide/Driver
Family Service Association has been a leader among non-profits serving families in need since 1953. Over the years, FSA has responded to the changing dynamics of families.
Our mission is “Building community one family at a time, through compassion, advocacy and comprehensive model services, fostering self-sufficiency and sustainable impacts.”
Summary FSA/Driver’s primary job is to deliver meals to seniors in the home delivery program. This position is there in part to assist in the preparation of meals, packaging of meals, the care and maintenance of company vehicle and sanitation of the site they are working from for this program
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 6 months food service industry experience preferred
- Computer literate on Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Background Fingerprint Clearance
- Drug Test Clearance
- Valid CA Driver’s License and Proof of Automobile Insurance
- Current and Clean DMV Print out report
- Availability to work on weekends as need
- The ability to read and write English and to communicate at the level required for successful job performance.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current Food Handlers Permit required
The following must be obtained within 90 days of hire and maintained as a condition of employment:
- First Aid and CPR
- Food Safety Managers Certification
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds at least a distance of 10 feet
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional manner
- Ability to work with a diverse client population and Agency workforce in a professional and respectful manner
FSA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- To provide assistance as directed by your immediate supervisor
- Ability to read and follow approved menus in assisting of preparation and packaging of meals
- Perform cleaning of kitchen and equipment as directed by the immediate supervisor if needed
- Assist in weekly inventory on as needed basis also assist in storage of food as needed.
- Assist in daily completion of all required documents according to program specification.
- Daily delivery of meals to Homebound Seniors in within the program, Department of Health, and HACCP (Hazard analysis and critical control points) standards
- Retain all records and reports required by program and funding source to be maintained by the Agency in an organized and secured location, following HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) policies/procedures for client confidentiality
- Maintain company vehicles according to Agency standards for cleanliness and maintenance
- Report all drivers/vehicle incidents immediately; including but not limited to all traffic and moving vehicle violations, and any damage to Company vehicle(s)
- Daily depositing of all client donations according to program policy
- Report all suspicions of elder abuse or neglect immediately to your supervisor.
- Assist with the assessment process with senior clients as directed by your supervisor.
- Provide assistance with onsite routing with volunteers organizations and their drivers
- Punctual and regular attendance