Inland Empire Cash for College Coordinator
The Inland Empire Economic Partnership (IEEP) is the only Economic Development organization that serves the 27,000 square mile region of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties (Inland Empire) in Southern California. IEEP is a 501c(6) business membership organization and a 501c(3) organization that works to strengthen businesses and the quality of life in the Inland Empire region. Please see www.ieep.com for information on IEEP’s activities. In addition to representing our 100+ members to our DC and Sacramento legislators, IEEP is grounded in its Foundation work, promoting workforce and economic development regionally, connecting employers to opportunities for workforce input, and connecting and convening non-profit, education, business, and government partners to achieve greater opportunities for the region’s 4.7 million people. This position is hosted in the IEEP Foundation.
The Inland Empire Economic Partnership (IEEP) is seeking a Cash for College Coordinator to implement our regional Cash for College Program. Cash for College is a private-public partnership aimed to increase the FAFSA/Dream Act and Cal Grant completion for high school seniors. The Inland Empire Economic Partnership is the designated regional coordinating organization (RCO) responsible for implementing the Cash for College Program in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
- Conduct outreach to counselors, nonprofit groups, and community supporters interested in hosting a Cash for College workshop
- Participate in monthly California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) conference calls
- Update organizers with information from CSAC
- Secure speakers for the workshops
- Assist organizers to plan workshops schedule their dates using the Workshop Management System (WMS)
- Maintain the workshop management system
- Provide support to organizers – technical support on WMS, computers, FAFSA, Dream Act
- As needed, conduct presentations at C4C workshops assure presenter coverage at all workshops
- Attend workshops and assist students with FAFSA/Dream Act Applications
- Ensure organizers have ordered materials and receive them before scheduled workshop
- Assist counselors, students, parents with financial aid issues
- Knowledge of FAFSA/Dream Act Applications
- Assist students with their FAFSA/Dream Act applications after March 2 deadline
- Maintain the IE Cash for College twitter account
- Coordinate and fundraise Cash for College scholarship(s)
- Interest in impacting the lives of students to enter college
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Fluent in English & Spanish
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships with community, business, education, district leaders, and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak and present to groups, as well as possess ability to prepare clear and accurate reports. Must be able to interact well with a diverse range of people, and to constructively give and receive feedback.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in managing a diverse set of stakeholders partners
- Able to work independently, yet is highly collaborative in planning, decision-making, and problem-solving
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet specific deadlines
- Experience with social media preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Reliable transportation
This is a full-time position from September 2021 – June 2022. Compensation will be $45,000.