Maintenance Worker II
Family Service Association has been a leader among non-profits serving families in need since 1953. Over the years, FSA has responded to the changing dynamics of families.
Our mission is “Building community one family at a time, through compassion, advocacy and comprehensive model services, fostering self-sufficiency and sustainable impacts.”
Non-Exempt Full time forty (40) hours per week
Provide basic maintenance and janitorial services.
- Inform management of overall building upkeep and repair needs.
- Perform general and minor building repairs as needed.
- Work with other maintenance staff for general cleanliness and upkeep of buildings.
- Work with Facilities Department to maintain records of repair and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain storage and update inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Performance janitorial duties as necessary.
- Assist with supply ordering, monitoring and distribution.
- Open and close facility when necessary, set up and take down chairs for scheduled activities.
- Oversee landscape and landscape services provided at each building.
- Perform groundskeeper duties, as necessary.
- Ability to work independently as needed.
- Punctual and Regular Attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experienced in general building repairs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to use small hand tools
- Fingerprint Background and Child Abuse Index Clearances
- TB, Drug and Physical Test Clearance
- Ability to read & write English and to communicate at the level required for successful job performance
Licenses & Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Current California Driver’s License
- Current Automobile Insurance
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to sit, stand, reach, bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, and grasp for long periods of time changing positions
- frequently during work shift.
- Must have full range of motion, and the ability to lift 50
FSA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.