Office Assistant II (Temporary position)
Family Service Association has been a leader among non-profits serving families in need since 1953. Over the years, FSA has responded to the changing dynamics of families.
Our mission is “Building community one family at a time, through compassion, advocacy and comprehensive model services, fostering self-sufficiency and sustainable impacts.”
- Type 40 WPM
- Computer literate (Word, Excel)
- Minimum one (1) year clerical experience
- Current and Clean CA. Driver’s License and Proof of Automobile Insurance
- Background Fingerprint Clearance
- Drug Test Clearance
- The ability to read and write English and to communicate at the level required for successful job performance.
- Pass Clerical Test
Licenses & Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel
- Ability to remain seated for long periods of time while working on computer
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Assume duties and responsibilities as assigned by Center Manager/ Director.
- Respect the confidentiality of all program services and communications.
- Perform clerical functions, including answering the telephone, routing calls to appropriate personnel, taking messages, providing information regarding available services, photocopy.
- Accept payment from clients and process according to agency policy.
- Assist the Center Manager with program assignments.
- Type letters, messages, memos, program information, or other communications as assigned.
- File and maintain records and other Agency materials properly in accordance with agency policy.
- Deposit receipts and perform other tasks as directed by the Center Manager/ Director or by the person so designated.
- Keep monthly statistical records or analysis as assigned.
- Participate in available trainings as related to the improvement of position skills and Agency requirements.
- Keep records, forms, and other data of direct service, fiscal operations, and administrative services where such responsibilities are assigned.
- Help coordinate and disseminate information regarding Center programs and activities.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Data entry.
- Punctual and Regular Attendance
- Other duties as assigned and necessary.
Report to: Center Director/ Center Manager