We are a values based, dynamic organization expanding our reach by facilitating and promoting the general wellbeing of people through research, education, advocacy, counseling, and housing.
IFHMB is a private nonprofit 501c agency that serves as an intermediary to resolve issues related to housing discrimination, homeownership and housing sustainability, rental complaints, and disputes in court, with the goal of empowering individuals and enriching the communities it serves.
Must be able to appear at all scheduled job assignments on time and be capable of working independently as well as under the direction of management staff. The ability to use networking systems effectively is a must and bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred. Given the confidential nature of the work to be performed, professionalism is a must. Valid driver license required. IFHMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
The successful candidate will have either a paralegal certificate or J.D. with a background, through education or experience, in mediation and be able to perform all essential duties and functions of the position, including, but not limited to:
- · Knowledge of small claims and unlawful detainer court mediation;
- · Knowledge of Landlord/Tenant laws;
- · Be able to explain the mediation process to litigants and the general public;
- · Be able to conduct mediations;
- · Build relationships with the community through outreach, presentations, and workshops;
- · Have knowledge of fair housing laws.