President & CEO
The Children’s Fund is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization created to serve at-risk children in San Bernardino County. Its mission is giving our vulnerable children support, opportunity and hope by breaking destructive cycles through community partnerships.
Formed in 1986, Children’s Fund operates under a public/private partnership with the County of San Bernardino. Because of this unique structure, Children’s Fund has the distinct opportunity to ensure that donations directly serve this vulnerable youth population. Since 1986, Children’s Fund has had the privilege of assisting more than 1.75 million vulnerable children throughout our communities. This has taken place under the guidance of a board of directors comprising innovative business and community leaders from all over Southern California with a shared commitment to impact the lives of these children and renew their hope for a vibrant future.
1. Ensure that the Mission of Children’s Fund is always carried out in the most effective and efficient manner.
2. Manage the staff of Children’s Fund, including the review and evaluations of staff; review and evaluate program activities; ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled; administer all appropriate policies of the Board.
3. Maintain ongoing relationships with high net wealth and influential individuals, businesses, foundations, or other benefactors to raise funds to enhance Children’s Fund’s activities.
4. Ensure that Children’s Fund is aggressive and effective with grant research and the
submission of funding applications.
5. Prepare an annual business plan, including an operating budget and staffing plan.
6. Prepare materials and lead the monthly Executive Committee and Board Meetings.
7. Assist with Board recruitment and development.
8. Develop and lead an annual retreat meeting to maintain both long term and short
term strategic objectives for the Children’s Fund.
9. Facilitate the required and timely contract negotiations with the County of San Bernardino and other organizations.
10. Review and evaluate whether the needs of the at-risk children are being met. Bring forth projects to the attention of the Board for consideration.
11. Ensure that Children’s Fund services are delivered efficiently and effectively, thus
quickly serving the County’s at-risk children.
12. Ensure the operations of Children’s Fund are always in compliance with all legal, moral, and fiduciary responsibilities of a 501c3 non-profit organization.
13. Represent Children’s Fund to increase awareness and branding of the organization’s mission.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Board.
15. Maintain the confidentiality of the organization and the constituents we serve.
• Understanding of fundraising methods and principles.
• Written and verbal communications skills.
• Interpersonal and professional presentation skills.
• Planning, strategizing, and project management skills.
• Experience in dealing with matters of extreme confidentiality, consistently in a friendly and professional manner.
• Four-year college degree required.
The President and CEO is responsible for developing and administering the operations of Children’s Fund, including:
• Fundraising & Networking: Planning, developing, and executing comprehensive fundraising programs based on the business and strategic plans with the assistance of the Board. Community education and public relations.
• Administrative: Managing the personnel and oversight of the operations of Children’s Fund.
• Board Leadership: Keeping the Board aware of the changing and unmet needs of children in the community and providing information and leadership to the Board.
This position’s annual evaluation and review will be based on reaching the mutually agreed-upon benchmarks for direct fundraising goals.