Michelle's Place is a full service cancer resource center in Temecula serving Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. We provide free resources to cancer patients and their families. These resources include direct services such as wigs, prosthesis, support groups, art classes, etc. We also provide financial assistance, navigation support, virtual groups and educational seminars.
Michelle's Place has been serving the area for 20 years. After 17 years of serving breast cancer patients, we expanded to serve all cancers. We purchased a 10,000 sq. ft. space and have been under construction for the last 2 years to build the regions first cancer resource center.
Michelle’s Place is looking for our next Program Manager to assist us in meeting the needs of our growing community for years to come. The Program Manager enjoys working with many different sources to create and fund programs that serve our clients and reach the community. If you enjoy working hard, being creative and have a heart to serve we would love to talk to you.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation and management of Michelle’s Place programs. Programs are defined as any resource a cancer patient would utilize at/or through the Center. This person will design programs that align with the organizations mission and support the organizations goals while managing to budget.
Reports to the Executive Director.
The Program Manager is a key member of the leadership team. Works directly with the Executive Director, Executive Board, various committees, staff and volunteers to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Creates the monthly calendar of events.
- Coordinates monthly schedule with program facilitators.
- Oversees scheduling of wellness appointments.
- Develops new programs through community requests that align with the organizations mission and support the organizations goals.
- Oversees the sourcing, interviewing and training of new program facilitators.
- Conducts research of existing and potential programs.
- Creates case study materials as needed for program review.
- Ensures proper documentation of client program interactions through CRM input and filing of sign-in sheets.
- Establishes and oversees the budget for each program offering, ensuring goals and milestones are met.
- Creates and fosters relationships with community partners that contribute fiscally and through use of their resources.
- Identifies and plans outreach for community sponsorships for program funding.
- May assist in the development of grant applications or proposals.
- Creates monthly reports to supply grant funders.
- Schedules and forecasts planning for special client-based events.
- Coordinates client-based events that engage multiple stakeholders.
- Works closely with the navigation department in creating and gathering educational information.
- Manages client-based email system via Constant Contact.
- Documents client and stakeholder testimonials.
- A member of professional groups and attends community monthly mixers and meetings.
- Coordinates residency programs with local hospitals as part of their rotation.
- Coordinates community health events (such as screenings).
- Consults with staff and volunteers about current programs and opportunities for growth.
- Consults with Executive Board on educational seminar topics and opportunities.
- Facilitates seminars by sourcing/booking educational speakers, creating marketing materials and ensuring day of event details are in place.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Constant Contact, Canva
- Word Press experience preferred
- Experience with a variety of print and online communications media
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively interface with the Executive Director, staff, various boards, influential community members and donors
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic
- Strong sense of community
- Works well within a team and enjoys working with volunteers
- 3- 5 years experience with a non-profit organization
- 1-2 years experience in supervisory role
- Grant writing and management experience
- Full Time – 40 hours per week
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends.