Project Coordinator – Logistics Center of Excellence
The Inland Empire Economic Partnership (IEEP) is the only Economic Development organization that serves the 27,000 square mile region of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties (Inland Empire) in Southern California. IEEP is a 501c(6) business membership organization and a 501c(3) organization that works to strengthen businesses and the quality of life in the Inland Empire region. Please see www.ieep.com for information on IEEP’s activities. In addition to representing our 100+ members to our DC and Sacramento legislators, IEEP is grounded in its Foundation work, promoting workforce and economic development regionally, connecting employers to opportunities for workforce input, and connecting and convening non-profit, education, business, and government partners to achieve greater opportunities for the region’s 4.7 million people. This position is hosted in the IEEP Foundation.
The Inland Empire Economic Partnership (IEEP) is hiring a full-time coordinator to assist an industry consultant in the establishment of the California Sustainable Logistics Center of Excellence (Center for Sustainable Logistics or CSL) in the Inland Empire (IE). Capitalizing on the IE’s enormous logistics & supply chain infrastructure, corporate investment, proximity to the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, and rail, the CSL will support a world-class logistics and supply chain economic cluster. Backed by economic analysis, the creation of the CSL will connect multiple R1 universities, industry, CBO’s and government to transform the transportation and logistics corridor into the world’s exemplar of next generation sustainable logistics via research & innovation, commercialization, and workforce training. As a large sectoral share of IE’s (Riverside and San Bernardino Counties) economy (20% of all direct job gains) and sparked by the rise in e-commerce, logistics has provided rapid growth but little economic inclusion, consideration of long-term environmental impact or sector organization and optimization. The CSL research agenda will address both local challenges and tradable sector/commercialization opportunities. The CSL will be an integral part of the broader IEGO Sustainable Logistics Consortium, which includes workforce development and training.
- Exceptional professionalism and experience working independently and with a team
- Exceptional collaboration and ability to work with a variety of partners including Industry, Southern CA Logistics Council, IEGO Network and others to develop Center activities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including project management, time management and follow-through
- Social media creation experience including newsletters and other materials as needed (Adobe Suite)
- Ability to maintain and manage professional relationships toward project goals
- Logistics industry knowledge or logistics education background
- A. Daily management of activities including scheduling meetings, and assisting industry director as needed
- B. Communicate and coordinate regularly with IEEP and IEGO staff and project tables and committees: CBO’s, Industry, Academia, Economic Development, Education and Training
- Full-time, 1-year contract
- Start date: Sept 7, 2021
- Must have access to reliable transportation/vehicle and must have access to reliable and secure internet
Position directly reports to Annalisa Siregar-Wurm, Director of Workforce and Economic Development at IEEP.
Background: The CSL is an initiative of the Inland Economic Growth and Opportunity campaign, a robust regional economic development table helping 40+ regional leaders grow good and promising jobs for those without a four-year degree through new collaborations and a focus on growing industry clusters around promising job sectors to secure pathways to upward economic mobility.