Temp/ Part-time -Account Executive
Our Mission :
Arrowhead United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
Arrowhead United Way was established in 1891 and is led by prominent respected community leaders; it is one o the oldest United Ways in the country. Arrowhead United Way encourages individuals to become more involved in the community by giving, advocating and volunteering. To Live United is as simple as becoming a part of the efforts to improve our community, to work together towards creating opportunities for a better life for all
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work for a great non-profit organization doing important work in our community, consider applying for the Account Executive temporary, part-time position at Arrowhead United Way (AUW). We are seeking an energetic and talented individual for the Resource Development Team for the 2019 Annual Campaign. Each year we hire temporary Account Executives to help raise money for health and human services.
As an Account Executive, you will provide fundraising strategies, volunteer support, and donor cultivation skills to assist local companies in running successful workplace campaigns. In partnership with United Way staff, you will be responsible for supporting fundraising in your assigned account portfolio. Training provided.
The Account Executive position is an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. This is an opportunity to develop and hone skills in sales, customer service, project management, public speaking, and team building. You will also gain valuable contacts, community knowledge, and be a part of a positive and supportive team environment.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and follow-through skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to relate to a diverse audience
- Presentation experience and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task; effective time and project management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Flexibility and ability to manage assigned accounts in a timely fashion
- Fundraising, development and/or sales experience
- Attend the United Way loaned executive training sessions and weekly progress meetings
- Contact and work with employee campaign managers to help plan, organize and conduct effective campaigns among their employee groups. This includes providing them with all necessary campaign materials and making presentations to the group.
- Maintain complete and accurate records on the assigned accounts
- Represent United Way at campaign and/or outreach events
- Educate company volunteers on the value of giving to United Way to address health and human services issues
- Must have valid CA driver’s license and proof of insurance
Education and Experience
College degree preferred but not required. Relevant work experience, preferably in fundraising and/or sales, may be substituted for a college degree.
Compensation and Hours
- Duration of Position: This is a 12-week commitment from September 9 to November 26, 2019
- Salary: 16/hour
- Hours: Part-Time/ 25 hours per week; must be able to work a flexible schedule as companies often have campaign sessions outside of typical business hours.
“If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Sheika Hurd at email@example.com. No calls or agencies please.”
Include in your cover letter your skills and experience in the following areas: teamwork, public speaking, presentations, fundraising or sales, project management, communication, and motivation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Apply early for first consideration.