Inland Valley Council of Churches, dba Inland Valley Hope Partners, is a faith-based organization dedicated to serving the hunger and housing needs of the residents of the east end of Los Angeles County and the west end of San Bernardino County. Founded in 1968, the agency brings together faith communities, businesses, individuals and other community groups with the mission of ensuring the empowerment of people in need by providing food, shelter and other supportive services. Through our comprehensive services, families and individuals in crisis find hope once again and are empowered to break the cycles of poverty and despair.
Under general supervision, the volunteer coordinator implements and oversees all aspects of the volunteer program at Inland Valley Hope Partners’ programs, including the food pantries, family shelter, gleaning program, food drives and special events. This includes volunteer recruitment, retention and recognition. Weekend and afterhours work as needed. This position is part time (up to 20 hrs/week) and reports to the Director of Development and Communication.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Identify, recruit and retain volunteers, including creating & maintaining an up-to-date database and offering regular volunteer orientations.
- Create a volunteer recognition program, including the planning and execution of an annual recognition event.
- Match volunteers to the appropriate work site, event (internal & external); follow up to ensure that volunteers are placed and working.
- Organize events, such as food drives, etc.
- Work with staff to identify groups of potential volunteers.
- Enroll and update volunteer listings in published and on-line resources, and on the organization website.
- Oversee all volunteers, tracking activities and hours served, and be the go-to person for volunteers and potential volunteers.
- Work with staff to implement policies and procedures related to volunteers; write/update volunteer job descriptions and handbooks.
- Experience and education comparable to a BA/BS in business, communication or related field.
- Successful leadership experience in community relations, fundraising, special events, and/or marketing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects concurrently; be detail oriented and self-starter.
- Excellent written and oral skills, including public speaking abilities.
- Proficiency with computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and data bases)
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Possess reliable transportation, a valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Put “volunteer coordinator application” in subject line. Application Deadline: Open until filled
Inland Valley Hope Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer