Founded in 1898 by Alfred Smiley, Family Service's mission has been the same since it's original inception: "Alleviate Poverty, Encourage Self Sufficiency and Promote the Dignity of All."
Family Service provides basic and vital life assistance to residents of the East Valley of San Bernardino County through two core services: Family Support and Housing Assistance.
Located in Redlands we offer a flexible work environment with competitive benefits, time off accrual and meaningful work.
Looking for a fast paced, multi tasked individual to manage a robust volunteer program as well as provide oversight to the condition of our campus. Position will start in mid July….
FAMILY SERVICE ASSOCIATION JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: VOLUNTEER /FACILITIES COORDINATOR
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt/Full time
Under the supervision of the Program Director responsible for the recruitment, training, scheduling, supervision and assessment of volunteers in all areas of programming and services. Also responsible for oversight and coordination of facility and safety issues, repair and follow through with facility vendor services.
Assignments may include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Consult with management, staff and board to determine organizational volunteer needs.
- Plan and implement volunteer recruitment strategies.
- Prepare and maintain procedural and training manuals.
- Maintain volunteer database and work time records
- Act as staff liaison to the Events & Volunteer Committee.
- Prepare and present required reports for meetings and grants.
- Coordinate and oversee all facility repairs, maintenance, inspections and follow up
- Provide oversight and facilitation of facility inspections, safety inspections and trainings for staff
- Work with staff to identify volunteer needs in each component
- Orient and train volunteers prior to assignment in specific areas
- Plan, assign and direct the work of volunteers.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of volunteer services.
- Maintain open communication with volunteers to motivate and evaluate.
- Schedule and coordinate volunteer recognition and appreciation activities.
- Serve as liaison between management, staff and volunteers.
- Represent FSA in the community to recruit volunteers
- Publicize events and volunteer opportunities.
- Support social media component
- Other Duties as Assigned
- One year of experience in volunteer oversight and coordination
- One year of experience in facility maintenance
- Proficiency in basic computer skills and database program
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Fingerprint and drug screen clearance. Current negative TB test.
- Valid Class C driver’s license and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Access to daily transportation for job responsibilities.