Women United Administrative Assistant
Our Mission :
Arrowhead United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
Arrowhead United Way was established in 1891 and is led by prominent respected community leaders; it is one o the oldest United Ways in the country. Arrowhead United Way encourages individuals to become more involved in the community by giving, advocating and volunteering. To Live United is as simple as becoming a part of the efforts to improve our community, to work together towards creating opportunities for a better life for all
Provides Professional Support to: Women United Program Manager or Resource Development Director
Purpose of Position: To assist in the planning and implementation of all Women United meetings and events
- Support the work of the Women United (WU) Program Manager.
- Provide support in planning, documenting, and following up on all WU Steering Committee and quarterly meetings, including the provision of meeting notices, minutes, and agendas.
- Provide support in planning, documenting, and following up on all WU Networking Events, including the provision of meeting invitations, minutes, agendas, and other items required to assure their efficient and successful execution. Provide assistance in venue and catering selection, event invitation creation and distribution, and participant and speaker acknowledgment.
- Provide support in managing social media postings across all platforms.
- Assist in the recruitment of participants for all Women United Events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relationship Management: The ability to build, leverage, and maintain mutually positive relationships that provide support for and add value to WU and its programs.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Identifying, analyzing, organizing, and solving problems and issues in a timely, effective manner; uses data and input from others to make sound, timely decisions.
- Communication: Presents ideas in a style that is clear, fluent, and to the point; keeps the attention of others; clearly articulates the key points of an issue; takes recipients’ perspectives into consideration.
- Results Orientation: The capacity to be energized and excited by challenging objectives and achieves high level, sustainable performance.
- Integrity: Consistently honor commitments and taking responsibility for actions and words.
- Flexibility: Demonstrates adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others, understanding their attitudes, needs, interests, and perspectives.
- Inclusiveness: The ability to network and partner with all stakeholders including broad and diverse representation of private/public businesses and community organizations.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree preferred but not required. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in administrative duties is a plus but not required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Occasional driving is required
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License
- Must have access to an insured vehicle
Compensation and Hours:
- Salary: $14/hour
- Hours: Part-Time/ 24 hours per week
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt. Apply early for first consideration.