Summary of Experience/Services Offered
Grant Research, Grant Writing, Drafting letters requesting support, marketing and other writing services
I have been a published writer and consultant for over 25 years and involved with nonprofits for over 12 years. I am a certified grant writer and received my training at Riverside Community College and the Orange County Non Profit Resource Center. I also have a Masters in Business Management from Webster University and Bachelor’s Degree in Communications from California State University, Long Beach. I have a wide range of experience in professional writing.
- Grant Reviewer, State of California Department of Education – In 2003 invited to be a Grant Reader by the California Department of Education to determine $8.5 million of statewide funding for Public Charter Schools Grant Program.
- Registered as a Federal Grant Reviewer
- Grant Researcher and writer for nonprofit organizations (2003-Current)
- Cassidian Communications (2007-2011) – Grant Management and Proposal Writer, Navigation and Grant Guidance expertise, working in the Public Safety industry to assist firms and clients with funding solutions.
Duties, skills and services provided included:
- Writing program narratives for all business unit solutions for inclusion in customer grant applications.
- Researching grant opportunities nationwide and maintains master database of all available (and applicable) grant programs.
- Wrote a $4 Million proposal for the City of Los Angeles
- Maintaining log of all grant assistance activities within the master funding database and reports quarterly progress as to awards, amounts, non-awards, pending and debriefs sales teams as appropriate.
- Advised city and county government nationwide on the availability of federal funds and how to submit grant proposal.
- Designed and conducted Funding webinars to advise and guide city and county leaders on the ways of obtaining grant funds.
- Communicates relevant grant information (profiles and summaries) to sales teams, marketing and channel management operations.
- Responds to external inquiries related to funding, grants and general requests for guidance as received via website or from customer-facing teams.
- Author and Consultant, (1985-Current)
Developed new clients and maintained prior clients; performing a variety of duties included concept to completion design and writing of many projects received byline credit for over 100 non-fiction articles also completed under contract 9 nonfiction books.